Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bookstore Hall of Fame: Best Place to get your philosophy fix?

A list of the 10 best bookstores in North America? Certainly some of the best places to go to augment your philosophy collection:

1) Tattered Cover--Denver, Colorado

2) Powell's Books--Portland, Oregon

3) Title Wave--Anchorage, Alaska

4) Mcnally Robinson Booksellers--Winnipeg, Canada

5) Harvard Book Store--Cambridge, Mass.

6) Clues Unlimited--Tucson, Arizona

7) Elliot Bay Book Company--Seattle, Washington

8) Kramerbooks and Afterward--Washington, D.C.

9) City Lights--San Francisco, California

10) Book People--Austin, Texas

I can proudly say I've been to 40% of these landmarks, but I'd be hard pressed to say whether I love Powell's or City Lights more.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM , Blogger Michael Faris said...

I've only been to one. :(

I'm somewhat surprised Iowa City's Prairie Lights didn't make it on there, since it's a haven and great resource for creative writers, as well as NPR's programs that are out of there. But then again, maybe it's just too small and out of the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home