Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Ugly of Philosophers

For all those students coming to Fall term interested in becoming philosophy majors: check out the podcast by Prof. Tony Lynch from the University of New England (Australia) on Ten Reasons Not to Do Philosophy.

Check out the excellent library that the Australian National University has for films with philosophcial themes.

(And if you're wondering about the title: cows have herds, dogs travel in packs; according to Lynch, a bunch of philosophers is an ugly)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

very funny!

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Joscelyne said...

I have to say, Joseph, that that was the best description of philosophy I have ever read. I guess the problem for me, however, would be that I am actually very fond of of some of the qualities that are found on that list (good and bad). Philosophy gives me a ready excuse to talk to myself, for example (a quality that I have possessed for as long as I remember). Where else does a freak like me gain that kind of acceptance? With all the other freaks who talk to themselves too, of course.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderfully self-deprecating piece of literature.

 
At 12:44 AM , Blogger Joseph Orosco said...

Joscelyne: There's a name for people like you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home